Virtual Data Room providers in 2021
Citrix Virtual Data Room Provider
Citrix ShareFile is a file sharing, data storage, and content collaboration solution for businesses of all industries. ShareFile was established in 2005 and became a part of the Citrix system in 2011. A Citrix VDR has a flat-rate per page rate. ShareFile was listed in Inc. magazine as one of the 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2010 and 2011.
A Citrix virtual data room has tools to provide a secure and highly flexible content managing experience:
- Tools for content collaboration
- Integration with other products
- Access control and permission
- Data storage management
- Secure fenced file viewing
- Audit and click trails
- Customized watermarking
- In-text search
- Email notifications
- 2-factor authentication
- 256-bit SSL/TLS encryption
Citrix VDR complies with:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements no. 16 (SSAE 16)
- An international standard on secure information managing ISO/IEC 270001:2013
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ShareFile’s virtual data rooms keep all features updated according to changes in international security standards.
What does Citrix ShareFile do best?
Citrix ShareFile is designed for companies in all industries. It is widely used by private, governmental, and non-profit organizations. ShareFile is popular among healthcare, biotech, education, finance, and real estate companies.
The best usage practice involves running small projects without a large number of documents. It’s also well-suited for due diligence and capital management. Citrix ShareFile is a perfect solution for small and medium-sized companies.
Pros and cons of Citrix ShareFile
Citrix ShareFile reviews identify the following advantages and disadvantages of the platform:
- 24/7 support via email, phone, and chat
- training: personal, online, webinars, database with documents
- desktop versions for Mac and Windows
- has a mobile version for Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry
- 14-day free trial
- integration with free products such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Office 365, Amazon Web Services, and Sharepoint, which is a good solution for small businesses with a limited budget
- easy to use
- multiple data centers in different protected areas
- no desktop version for Linux
- not well-suited for large companies with large amounts of data
- no online support
- English-only interface